What to Pack for Belize (and What to Leave Behind)
First, you’ll need a valid passport. Make sure that you have at least six months left before it expires.
Second, make sure you have a copy of all your airline information, including check-in emails, confirmation emails, and flight numbers.
Of course, make sure you’ve got enough money for your trip. Most ATM cards work just fine in Belize, so you don’t need to bring a lot of cash. If you do bring cash in excess of $5,000, you’ll have to declare it at the border. Traveler’s checks are accepted at some businesses in Belize.
Also, if you take any prescription medication, make sure that you’re bringing enough to last during your time in Belize. Best practices are to include the medication in its original bottle/package with your name printed on the label.
Basic Packing List
Here are the basic clothing items you’ll need to bring with you:
- Light, loose clothing appropriate for Belize’s warm climate.
- Swimwear and accessories (such as goggles).
- Long-sleeve shirt and pants for when hiking through the jungle.
- A sweater, hoodie, or light jacket for evening time.
- Comfortable shoes such as sandals or flip-flops.
- Beach towel.
- Umbrella, poncho, and other wet weather gear.
- Sturdy boots for when hiking through the jungle.
- Snorkeling/dive gear, if you have it. These can also be rented in Belize.
Because Belize is close to the equator, you’ll also need to bring along some protection from the heat and sun:
- A hat with a brim.
- A re-usable water bottle.
Also, be sure to pack some insect repellant!
Here are a few other items you might want to bring along:
- Waterproof pouch to store your valuables.
- Non-toxic toiletries that minimize your impact on the environment.
- Travel alarm clock/waterproof wrist watch.
- Chapstick/lip balm.
- Pen and paper.
- Binoculars (especially useful for bird watching).
- Charger(s) for your electronic gear. Belize wall outlets are the same design and voltage as in the USA/Canada.
- A piece of paper with emergency contact information.
- A photocopy of your passport, in case it gets lost.
- First aid kit.
Note: Although there is cell service in Belize, most travelers prefer leaving their tablets and smartphones at the hotel/resort so that they can focus on enjoying their time in the country!
The Orchid Experience is waiting for you...Let us help you unwind by the river. Explore our accommodations on the… https://t.co/IIOx2uIdKd1 day ago
Happy Father's Day to all the amazing father's making it happen for their family. #Belize #HappyFathersDay… https://t.co/8naX4SmZXM1 day ago
🤗Summer Spa Day with the girls? Book yours today, click explore our spa packages https://t.co/RbRk2so5Y3… https://t.co/9qTbik4CcS2 days ago
Solo Travel to Belize? Yes, Please!June 16, 2019
The Crystal Maiden of the Actun Tunichil Muknal CaveJune 16, 2019
The Wildlife of BelizeJune 16, 2019