What to Pack for Belize (and What to Leave Behind)
Belize is a popular vacation destination, but it’s normal to ask what kind of things you’ll need to bring to ensure a fun and relaxing time in the country.
First, you’ll need a valid passport. Make sure that you have at least six months left before it expires.
Second, make sure you have a copy of all your airline information, including check-in emails, confirmation emails, and flight numbers.
Of course, make sure you’ve got enough money for your trip. Most ATM cards work just fine in Belize, so you don’t need to bring a lot of cash. If you do bring cash in excess of $5,000, you’ll have to declare it at the border. Traveler’s checks are accepted at some businesses in Belize.
Also, if you take any prescription medication, make sure that you’re bringing enough to last during your time in Belize. Best practices are to include the medication in its original bottle/package with your name printed on the label.
Basic Packing List
Here are the basic clothing items you’ll need to bring with you:
- Light, loose clothing appropriate for Belize’s warm climate.
- Swimwear and accessories (such as goggles).
- Long-sleeve shirt and pants for when hiking through the jungle.
- A sweater, hoodie, or light jacket for evening time.
- Comfortable shoes such as sandals or flip-flops.
- Beach towel.
- Umbrella, poncho, and other wet weather gear.
- Sturdy boots for when hiking through the jungle.
- Snorkeling/dive gear, if you have it. These can also be rented in Belize.
Because Belize is close to the equator, you’ll also need to bring along some protection from the heat and sun:
- A hat with a brim.
- A re-usable water bottle.
Also, be sure to pack some insect repellant!
Here are a few other items you might want to bring along:
- Waterproof pouch to store your valuables.
- Non-toxic toiletries that minimize your impact on the environment.
- Travel alarm clock/waterproof wrist watch.
- Chapstick/lip balm.
- Pen and paper.
- Binoculars (especially useful for bird watching).
- Charger(s) for your electronic gear. Belize wall outlets are the same design and voltage as in the USA/Canada.
- A piece of paper with emergency contact information.
- A photocopy of your passport, in case it gets lost.
- First aid kit.
Note: Although there is cell service in Belize, most travelers prefer leaving their tablets and smartphones at the hotel/resort so that they can focus on enjoying their time in the country!
#BlackOrchidResort: the perfect #venue for your meeting, 💼🤝conference, or event in #Belize 🇧🇿 https://t.co/4oCd6btJzq20 hours ago
How lucky are we to have these views?!🍃 #EveningSetting #BelizeLuxuryResort #Riversideview https://t.co/FJWfLvy6Iw2 days ago
It doesn’t get any more #prestigious than escaping to your Luxury Accommodation after a long day under the sun. ☀️… https://t.co/rgVXUHcY9t3 days ago
7 Epic Belize Adventures to Add to Your Bucket ListMarch 30, 2021
10 Reasons Why Visiting Belize Is A (Really) Good IdeaMarch 30, 2021
Got the Winter Blues? Belize can help!March 30, 2021
Things You Need To Know Before Choosing A Resort in BelizeMarch 30, 2021
Short History of Belize: The Little Nation That Could!March 30, 2021