With an ideal mix of beaches, jungle, coastline, islands and exotic wildlife, Belize is the perfect destination for intrepid travelers, honeymooners, family reunions and adventurers. To take advantage of all of the top vacation destinations in Belize, it is essential to find a resort that is strategically located within easy travel distance to both the best sites on the mainland as well as offshore.
Black Orchid Resort near the village of Burrell Boom is conveniently located just a 15-minute drive from the Philip Goldson International Airport in Belize City. The resort features rooms, suites and villas with air conditioning, a private bathroom and cable television. The onsite restaurant and bar serve up a delicious repast of mouthwatering meals and exciting cocktails made from the very freshest local ingredients.
Some of the top attractions just a short distance from the resort include:
– What began as a sanctuary for rescued animals, the Belize Zoo now offers shelter for hundreds of indigenous animals.
– Belize’s largest island is the perfect blend of beaches and bars, serving as a gateway to the nearby reef.
Community Baboo Sanctuary
– Dedicated to protecting the country’s endangered primates.
Crooked Tree Wildlife Sanctuary
– This protected wetland area is the home of endangered species including the Yellow-headed Parrot, Mexican Black Howler Monkey and the Central American River Turtle.
Belize Old River
– The resort lies along the banks of the river, a perfect place to explore many of the most beautiful and exotic species of flora and fauna that call Belize home.
Black Orchid Resort also offers guided tours of Belize City, the nation’s largest metropolis and historic capital. Available tours include a visit to the Traveller’s Rum Factory, the Museum of Belize, and the Belikin Brewery.
Black Orchid Resort is only a short driving distance from some of Belize’s finest Maya ruins, including: Altun Ha, known for its soaring pyramid used as the logo for Belikin Beer, Lamanai, an ancient city with an onsite museum contains artifacts from more than 2,000 years of the area’s history, Xunantunich, the hilltop site of “The Castle”, a towering temple, Caracol, a gigantic site with the largest man-made building in the Belize, and Tikal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site just over the border in neighboring Guatemala.
Black Orchid Resort is near some of the best caves in Belize, including: Barton Creek Cave, ATM Cave, Crystal Cave, and Actun Chapat, a unique spelunking experience restricted to guests of the Black Orchid Resort only.
Elegantly integrated into the natural surroundings, the Black Orchid Resort is an ideal spot for vacations in Belize, conveniently located close to the airport, Ambergris Caye, Caye Caulker, and all of the best destinations in the country.