10 Bucket List Items to Check Off on Your Trip to Belize
1. Explore the past by touring as many Maya ruins as time allows. Make sure one of these 4 make your list: Altun Ha, Lamanai, Cahal Pech or Xunantunich. See if you can meet a Mayan villager willing to teach you how to make corn tortillas by hand if you’re a foodie!
2. If you like the taste of those tortillas, head for Belize eateries to feast on ethnic delights, like rice and beans, fry jacks, esabeche and salbutes. Sip cashew wine and sample as much Belize chocolate as possible!
3. Secure a river cave tubing booking. Float down a river to reach sacred caves that can’t be reached by foot. See relics, pottery shards, ceremonial items and other treasures that are hundreds of years old.
4. Find your island in the sun! Whether it’s a big one (Ambergris Caye or Caye Caulker) known for a lively mix of restaurants, shops and attractions or a solitary oases of deserted beach, going island hopping could become the highlight of your bucket trip.
5. Snooze in the jungle under a canopy of trees within a lush suite at Black Orchid Resort in Burrell Boom. Resort owners mix nature with luxury at this beautifully-appointed property where the sounds of nature sing guests lullabies each night.
6. Commune with the most exotic wildlife on the planet by visiting Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary and Jaguar Preserve, Belize’s baboon sanctuary and Crooked Tree Wildlife Sanctuary. Look closely for signs of elusive jaguars and you could be rewarded.
7. Venture into the ATM cave, even if you’re a beginner. Master your gear as you move into this mysterious geological wonder on your way to chambers where skeletal remains, stoneware and ceramics of bygone Mayan eras still remain.
8. Having mastered your gear at the ATM cave, you’re ready for the big time: snorkeling or scuba diving around Belize’s Barrier Reef. The fish will be lit up in neon colors to welcome you and you could spot turtles and other magnificent marine creatures.
9. Take a self-guided kayak adventure so you can see just how different Belize’s cayes and atolls can be. Better yet, rent two kayaks, get a picnic lunch from your Black Orchid host and spend the day with your favorite travel companion on your expedition.
10. Luxuriate in Black Orchid surroundings as you check off bucket list items. Whether you choose a luxe villa or river-facing room, amenities abound and you’ll live like a celebrity during your stay. From tour assistance to spa services, you’ll feel so rejuvenated, you could draw up a second bucket list before you leave!
#BlackOrchidResort: the perfect #venue for your meeting, 💼🤝conference, or event in #Belize 🇧🇿 https://t.co/4oCd6btJzq19 hours ago
How lucky are we to have these views?!🍃 #EveningSetting #BelizeLuxuryResort #Riversideview https://t.co/FJWfLvy6Iw2 days ago
It doesn’t get any more #prestigious than escaping to your Luxury Accommodation after a long day under the sun. ☀️… https://t.co/rgVXUHcY9t3 days ago
7 Epic Belize Adventures to Add to Your Bucket ListMarch 30, 2021
10 Reasons Why Visiting Belize Is A (Really) Good IdeaMarch 30, 2021
Got the Winter Blues? Belize can help!March 30, 2021
Things You Need To Know Before Choosing A Resort in BelizeMarch 30, 2021
Short History of Belize: The Little Nation That Could!March 30, 2021